More and more churches are asking me how to break the barrier of 1,000 in worship. At present, I’m coaching 14 such churches. Here are a handful of the basic questions I ask the pastor to consider.
- Have you indentified your three or four key staff who will become the coaches of leaders?
- What systems do you have in place to assimilate people and close the back door?
- Do you have any staff who are holding you back?
- Do you have the ratio of one program staff person to every 100 people in worship, including children?
- Do you have the appropriate number of parking spaces?
- How about the lobby, hallways, and entrances and exits? Do any of them need some help?
- Have you set clear expectations for all of your staff?
- Do you hold staff accountable for doing what is expected?
- Do you spend the time needed to coach them?
- Do you need to improve your coaching skills?
- Do you have a leadership multiplication pathway in place?
Question: What else should a pastor consider when looking to break the 1,000 barrier in worship? Share your questions in the Comments section below.