I am coaching a guy who is doing his best to turn around an established church. We all know that turning a church around is one of the most difficult tasks on the planet, and it requires more skill than just about anything I know of.
While we were talking, he shared with me six questions he’s asking his leadership to answer. I thought they were so good I would share them with you. Here they are.
- Who are we called to reach?
- Are we reaching them currently and consistently?
- If not, what specific changes do we need to make in order to reach them?
- What do we need to stop doing?
- What’s holding us back from making those changes now?
- How will those changes impact us – personally and organizationally?
Each one of these questions is worth keeping before us all the time. Put them on your fridge. Write them on your bedpost. Tack them on your office wall. Ask them periodically at staff meetings. Ask them when you meet with your lay leadership team.
Question: Which of these questions has been the most important to your church’s growth in the past, and how? Share your thoughts in the Comments section below.