I’ve written posts and articles on how to grow your church… here’s a quick checklist you can use to find out why your church isn’t growing – complete with links to articles and resources to help.
- Unresolved conflict
- Limited or poor marketing (no one has heard of you)
- No emphasis on growth programming
- Congregational low self-esteem (no one’s inviting anybody)
- Pastor engaged in limited networking
- Poor hospitality
- Poor follow-up
- Crowded conditions (over 75% full seating/parking/etc.)
- Irrelevant worship/sermons (not visitor focused/sensitive)
- Poorly targeted worship liturgy/style/content
- Anachronistic to your target (lack of or poor use of technology)
- Inward focused
- Lack of excellence
- Congregational members not adopting returning guests
Of course, if you’re stuck, helping churches grow is what we do – it’s the only thing we do. Contact us today for a proposal for church consulting, coaching, or training.