Questions to Ask of a Failed Church Plant
- Did the planter develop a team first?
- If so, how long were they together before planting?
- Who was on the team and what responsibilities did they have?
- Did the planter have the Mission and core values in place first?
- Did the pastor cast a compelling vision? (And if so, compelling to who?)
- How many hours did the planter spend in the field with unchurched and in the office and church meetings?
- Why does the pastor think it failed?
- Why do the people think it failed?
- How much financial support did they have?
- What are the top spiritual gifts of the pastor?
- Did they do a DISC profile and if so, was the pastor a high D or C?
- Did they do an MBTI and if so, was the pastor an NF?
- How good a communicator was the pastor?
- How good was the worship?
- What was in place to disciple the people?
- Were most of the first group of worshippers from other churches of the same denomination or were they new Christians?