Ready, Set, Go
Hopefully you’ve concluded that multiplication is a mindset and the way to do ministry and not merely a program or model. It’s a new world view, a new way of living that’s on fire to reach as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. As such it can embrace several model strategies to consider – multi-site, church planting, and missional small groups. We discuss these three strategies in our book, Dinosaurs to Rabbits.
The point is we don’t have to settle for addition or multiplication.
- It’s time we quit thinking the new norm for our denominations is survival, plateau or decline.
- It’s time we cared more about the lost than our members.
- It’s time we came down off our clergy high horse and became one of the gang.
- It’s time we ceased begging people to come to our worship services.
- It’s time to replace the endless, mind-numbing committees with hands-on ministries that don’t change people’s lives.
- It’s time we valued transformation over education and freedom over control.
- It’s time we learned that more leaders are grown in small groups than Sunday School.
- It’s time to do everything in our power to help every individual in our congregations reach their full potential.
- It’s time we put discipleship before everything else.
All of this can happen if we develop a multiplication mindset.
So what are you waiting for?
Grab a copy of Dinosaurs to Rabbits: Turning Mainline Decline into a Multiplication Movement