So, how’s that working for you?
Evaluation is the key to effectiveness, even in the church.
You have to ask … For each event, mission, or ministry that your church does:
- What’s the return on investment?
- How many unchurched attend?
- How many have become connected with church members as friends (mentors into the faith)?
- How many have attended worship?
- And how many have become followers and been baptized?
One of the most difficult (and frustrating) parts of leadership is having to be honest about results … and about stopping doing something that is fun or a part of the church’s tradition when that something isn’t bearing measurable fruit.