By Peter Wagner
I quit reading Wagner several years ago when he went off on what I feel were ‘spooky’ tangents. So when a friend of mine suggested that I read his new book, The Church in the Workplace, I was reluctant to pick up the book. But for some reason I did. Now my recommendation is for you to read this book. I gave it five stars which is my highest rating. It is a fascinating look into the difference between the rules of ministry in the church and the workplace.
Why should you read this book
- It will help you better understand the workaday world of the business people in your church.
- It will show you how to minister effectively to business people.
- It will open your eyes to the growing world of what Wagner calls the extended church.
- It will show you how to minister so you will have more business people in your church.
- It will show you how to allow high power business people to be a vital part of your congregation even though they seldom show up at worship.
- It will greatly expand your understanding of the scope of ministry.